Softron M|80i (8 Channels Ingest, Dongle Included)
- Record up to eight channels of HD (up to 60p) on one Mac.
- High-density capture device
- 8 channels all-in-one box solution for your Mac (with PCIe slots)
- 4K compatible (Quad-link or single-link)
- Audio LTC input
- No transfer time needed (files are readily available)
- Ideal for Live productions requiring multiple camera ingest
- A large number of codecs supported: Apple ProRes, Avid DNxHD, XDCAM,…
- Support for MXF
- Multiple codecs & destinations
The M|80i is a hardware & software bundle tailor made for Macs with PCIe slots such as the latest 2019 Mac Pro, or in your own Thunderbolt expansion chassis. Simply plug in the M|80i PCIe card into one of the PCIe slots of your Mac and immediately start ingesting eight HD channels or two 4K Channels (or four HD and one 4K) at a cost significantly less than other multichannel solutions.
With the M|80i, you can enjoy all the amazing features of MovieRecorder in a certified hardware and software bundle. We have gathered what we think are the highest quality hardware components in order to ensure the best experience possible.
Recording is done using the included eight licenses of MovieRecorder. Video clips captured using MovieRecorder can be edited during the actual ingest, making it very handy for live sports editing for example. Additionally you can schedule your recordings. The licenses are provided on a dongle, so it's easy to move your M|80i from one computer to another.
The M|80i is compatible with 4K. You can use either Quad-link or Single link (12G) to ingest and playout 4K at up to 60 frames per second. When using 4K, you can ingest only two channels instead of four (even in 12G).
The M|80i uses the state of the art DELTA-12G-elp-h 2c video card, which hosts eight independent channels that can be used either as inputs or as outputs. Two of these channels supports line rates up to 12G SDI while the others go up to 3G-SDI, allowing the support of formats from SD to UHD. The 9th connector can be used as an Audio LTC input .
Supported formats and codecs
Check the list of supported codecs on our website on the MovieRecorder page. Note that depending on the Mac that you use, the format and codec, limitations may apply.
Number of simultaneous inputs supported?
With the M|80i, depending on the Mac that you are using, the codec and format, you could be able to record up to:
- 8x HD inputs
- 2x 4K inputs
- 4x HD + 1x 4K Inputs
The 4K connection can be done using either quad-link or single-link.
- 8x licenses of MovieRecorder (ingest)
- 1x Dongle with the software licenses above (no changes or splits)
- 1x Video card with 8x configurable in/out + 1x Ref input (or Audio LTC) on Micro BNC connectors (DELTA-12G-elp-h 2c)
- 1x Low Profile Bracket (so you can place the Video card in a low-profile PCIe slot, as in the Sonnet Echo Express SEL)
- 8x BNC Female to Micro BNC (HD-BNC) Cable - 1'