|Input Voltage||5, 12 or 24 DC|
|Output Voltage||5, 12 or 24 DC|
|Length (English)||5 in|
|Length (Metric)||127 mm|
|Width (English)||2.5 in|
This is the key component for creating intelligent LED lighting.The DMX512-PX is designed to control digitally addressable RGB LED pixel lights using standard DMX512.We developed this product in response to many requests from our customers for easy-to-use intelligent RGB LED lighting.Compatible with standard DMX output, this decoder can be used with a DMX controller or light board control system of your choice.
The DMX512-PX converts standard DMX output into serial protocol for the WS2801 chip, thereby enabling control of each module or node.We conducted extensive testing on a number of IC chips and chose the best one on the market.The WS2801 chip provides the widest range of colors, is faster, more efficient, and overall performs better than other IC chips.
This is "the missing link." You may have been looking for this! What it does, in plain English, is it takes the DMX output from any standard DMX console or controller, and decodes the signal so you can individually control our PixelPro 2801 lights and modules.RGB PixelPro comes in 7 configurations: square, bullet, circle, rectangle, mini dome, dome or strip.
- 5, 12 or 24 Volt DC input is required.
- DC+ Input power to decoder feeds into DC+ input power for connected PixelPro lights.
- Clock and data signals feed into the WS2801 chip to control RGB on each node or module, independently under direction of the DMX input signal.
- DIP switches on the side allow you to set the decoder’s lowest address, so it uses the address you desire from your DMX program.Each decoder has a DMX device address you can set.
- 9 built in functional test modes, active when DIP switch 10 is “on”.
- For dynamic modes (color step and color fade), speed is set by toggling the dip switches 1-5.
- Default setting with all switches are OFF = 1.
- Decode a maximum of 512 DMX addresses, when DIP switch 10 is “off”.
- -4 to 158°F recommended operating range.
- Max.Power Consumption is 12A.
- 2 year warranty.
- The clock and data output signals from the decoder can control a maximum of 512 addresses.PixelPro lights can be powered through the DMX512-PX-2801, however power must be injected at regular intervals to reduce voltage drop across the installation.Refer to the PixelPro Troubleshooting document for our recommendations for power injection based on the product you are using.Be sure to connect all ground wires together, since the power supplies and PixelPro lights must share a common ground.Never apply voltage to the decoder, except through the power input ports, as this will damage the decoder.
- Height (English): 1.61 in
- Height (Metric): 41 mm
- IP Rating: IP20
- Input Voltage: 5, 12 or 24 DC
- Length (English): 5 in
- Length (Metric): 127 mm
- Manufacturer: EnvironmentalLights
- Output Voltage: 5, 12 or 24 DC
- Rating: RoHS
- Warranty: 2 year
- Width (English): 2.5 in
- Width (Metric): 64 mm
Converts standard DMX output to digital SPI signals, suitable for driving the WS2801 IC chip. Compatible with the PixelPro2801 line of individually digitally addressable RGB LED strip lights and modules. An economical and easy solution for full color intelligent LED lighting control systems.
Customize unique animated RGB color effects such as chasing, rotating graphic patterns, rain effects, scrolling text, color waves, company logos, the possibilities are endless! This is a fantastic product used for studios, stage lighting, architectural, or decorative purposes — an easy solution for any project that requires an intelligent LED control system!
Great for: Restaurants, lounges, casinos, homes and retail stores;
Pixel display boards;
Decorative and accent lighting;
Downlighting and uplighting features;
Edge lighting glass or acrylic plates;
Lighting art or accent pieces (no UV emissions);
Entertainment centers and home theaters;
Trade show exhibits;
Under cabinet lighting;
Coin-operated machines for vending and amusement;
Vehicular accent lighting for limousines, RV's and cars;
Yachts and cruise ships;
Arts and crafts;
Lots of other things—use your imagination!
DMX 512 PixelPro Decoder Manual
PixelPro Getting Started Guide for the Easy Stand Alone DMX Controller SLESA U8
PixelPro Trouble Shooting Guide