|Light Color||Black Light UV|
Sold by the 5 meter reel, foot and sample kit.
This is black light, and will cause white and light-colored items to glow ("fluoresce.") Black light is frequently used for: Halloween decorations, amusement parks and haunted houses;
artistic purposes, such as illuminating artwork with bright white, hot pink, yellow and lime green;
detecting counterfeit currency and driver licenses;
curing plastic resins; therapeutic and diagnostic medical uses; and
Ultraviolet 400nm LED strip is also known as near ultraviolet, Ultraviolet A (400-315nm) long wave, or black light LED strip.When illuminated UV LED strip light will emit some visible violet light.However, do not judge the brightness of this strip with your eye, as a large portion of the light output from the UV strip is invisible to the human eye.
Tight spectral power distribution, centered on 400 nm.UVB (315-280nm) and UVC (280-100nm) light serve different applications, such as germicidal disinfection and extreme ultraviolet lithography.Excessive exposure to high power ultraviolet light may be hazardous.Here is a scientific paper on the hazards.
This high density strip is extremely bright, with 240 LEDs/meter in a single row.It's not available in waterproof because it would get rather hot inside a silicone sheath.We recommend you use a heat sink and provide some ventilation.We have many dozens of suitable aluminum channels to act as heat sinks and recommend using one with this strip.With 240 LEDs per meter, the light is more even, and if you use our track with diffusers, you can get rid of the dots completely, which is a desired feature in direct lighting applications.
It's bright, but it's dimmable, so get one of our high quality dimming drivers and use a recommended Lutron dimmer to adjust your light intensity with style, and with the comfort of knowing that we sell the best dimming drivers money can buy, so your LEDs will last a long time.We also test our dimming drivers on many Lutron dimmers and offer Lutron dimmers from the most basic to the fanciest Maestro wireless and RadioRa2.
Available in many colors.
Easy to install: High-adhesion stickyback.Just peel off the wax paper and stick it to any clean, dry substrate.
Easy to dim or control using any of our LED dimming drivers, controllers or pulse dimmers.Use a DMX controller in conjunction with our DMX decoders for ultimate control over your lighting.
- Black Light UV (400 nm wavelength.)
- Not waterproof.
- 2820 mW/meter = 15 lumens/meter.
- 24 volts DC.
- 4.9 watts (4.9 watts/foot = 16.3 watts/meter.)
- Length: 11.8 in = 300 mm.
- Width: 0.39 in = 10 mm.
- Height: 0.1 in = 2.6 mm.
- LED spacing: 0.17 in = 4.2 mm.
- Cuttable in segments.Cutting increment: 0.98 in = 25 mm.
- UL, RoHS.
- 50,000 hours expected lifetime.
- Warranty: 5 years limited.
- Easy-to-use ribbon to cable connectors, ribbon to ribbon connectors and ribbon to ribbon jumpers are available.(See companion parts.) Be aware that this strip pulls a lot of current, and that these connectors are mainly suited to short pieces of strip.For full reels, we recommend soldering fat 18 gauge wires directly to the circuit board.
- No Ultra-Violet emissions (except for the special UV version), so it won't harm your art or documents.
- We use high quality LEDs for maximum color vibrancy, longevity and color rendering.We pay more for our LED components, and you'll benefit from the difference.This is not a commodity product.Quality matters, and the materials, controls, connections and tech support we provide will make your project successful.
- Cut LED strip lighting is not returnable.
- We provide detailed installation instructions, design criteria and technical support upon request.
- Can be used with the channel or light bars listed on the Accessories tab.
- Ambient Temperature: -20°C to 50°C
- Average Lifetime: 50,000 hours
- Beam Angle: 120°
- Brightness: 15 lumens/meter
- Efficacy: 0.9 lumens/watt
- Brightness 2: 2820 mW/meter
- Efficacy 2: 173 mWatt/watt
- Height (English): 0.1 in
- Height (Metric): 2.6 mm
- IP Rating: IP20
- Input Current: 204 mA
- Input Voltage: 24 DC
- LED Density: 240 LEDs/meter
- LED Node Size: 3528
- LED Spacing (English): 0.17 in
- LED Spacing (Metric): 4.2 mm
- Length (English): 11.8 in
- Length (Metric): 300 mm
- Light Color: Black Light UV
- Manufacturer: EnvironmentalLights
- Min. Cutting Increment (English): 0.98 in
- Min. Cutting Increment (Metric): 25 mm
- Power (Watts): 4.9
- Power (Watts/ft): 4.90
- Power (Watts/m): 16.30
- Rating: UL, RoHS
- Strip Width: 10 mm
- Warranty: 5 years limited
- Wavelength: 400
- Width (English): 0.39 in
- Width (Metric): 10 mm
Ultraviolet (UV) light is electromagnetic radiation whose wavelength is shorter than that of visible light, but longer than that of X-rays and gamma rays. The name means "beyond violet" (from the Latin ultra, "beyond"), violet being the color of shortest wavelengths of visible light. Ultraviolet light ranges from 400nm to 10nm, but is named "ultraviolet" because the spectrum is comprised of electromagnetic waves with frequencies that are higher than what the human eye can detect as the color violet.
Ultraviolet A (UVA) light can be used for: Flourescence photography;
Reptile habitat lighting;
Decorative black light applications;
Amusement part rides;
Detection of counterfeit money;
Curing plastic resins;
Therapeutic and diagnostic medicinal uses;
LED Strip Light Manual
uv4003528-240-10-reel Test Report
Non-Visible Light Safety Guide
UV Light Hazard Information
EnvironmentalLights LED Strip and Module UL Certificate-IFDR
EnvironmentalLights LED Strip and Module UL Certificate-QOVZ
LED Strip to LED Channel Compatibility Chart