|Light Color||Black Light UV|
Sold by the 5 meter reel, foot and sample kit.
This is black light, and will cause white and light-colored items to glow ("fluoresce.") Black light is frequently used for: Halloween decorations, amusement parks and haunted houses;
artistic purposes, such as illuminating artwork with bright white, hot pink, yellow and lime green;
detecting counterfeit currency and driver licenses;
curing plastic resins; therapeutic and diagnostic medical uses; and
Ultraviolet 400nm LED strip is also known as near ultraviolet, Ultraviolet A (400-315nm) long wave, or black light LED strip.When illuminated UV LED strip light will emit some visible violet light.However, do not judge the brightness of this strip with your eye, as a large portion of the light output from the UV strip is invisible to the human eye.
Tight spectral power distribution, centered on 400 nm.UVB (315-280nm) and UVC (280-100nm) light serve different applications, such as germicidal disinfection and extreme ultraviolet lithography.Excessive exposure to high power ultraviolet light may be hazardous.Here is a scientific paper on the hazards.
This side-view LED strip shines the light off the edge of the strip, which is perfect for many decorative applications.We selected the best 3014 chips because they're rugged and bright.You get high Color Rendering Index for superior quality lighting, and they work with all the same dimming and control systems as our other LED strip lighting.
Easy to install: has high-adhesion stickyback.Just peel off the wax paper and stick it to any clean, dry substrate.Waterproof versions come with 20 rubber tie downs if you buy the complete reel, plus a glue tube, plus 5 ribbon-to-cable connectors, plus 2 caps for dead ends, plus 2 caps for the live ends.You get those accessories with full-reel purchases only.Or you can buy the special foam tape and glue we list as companion parts.
Easy to dim or control using any of our LED dimming drivers, controllers or pulse dimmers.Use a DMX controller in conjunction with our DMX decoders for ultimate control over your lighting.
- Black Light UV (400 nm wavelength.)
- Not waterproof.
- 653 mW/meter = 2 lumens/meter.
- 12 volts DC.
- 36 watts (2.3 watts/foot = 7.2 watts/meter.)
- Length: 16.4 ft = 5 m.
- Width: 0.31 in = 8 mm.
- Height: 0.08 in = 2 mm.
- LED spacing: 0.41 in = 10.4 mm.
- Cuttable in segments.Cutting increment: 1.23 in = 31.3 mm.
- UL, RoHS.
- 50,000 hours expected lifetime.
- Warranty: 5 years limited.
- Easy-to-use ribbon to cable connectors, ribbon to ribbon connectors and ribbon to ribbon jumpers are available.(See companion parts.)
- No Ultra-Violet emissions (except for the special UV version), so it won't harm your art or documents.
- We use high quality LEDs for maximum color vibrancy, longevity and color rendering.We pay more for our LED components, and you'll benefit from the difference.This is not a commodity product.Quality matters, and the materials, controls, connections and tech support we provide will make your project successful.
- Cut LED strip lighting is not returnable.
- We provide detailed installation instructions, design criteria and technical support upon request.
- Average Lifetime: 50,000 hours
- Beam Angle: 60°
- Brightness: 2 lumens/meter
- Efficacy: 0.3 lumens/watt
- Brightness 2: 653 mW/meter
- Efficacy 2: 90.7 mWatt/watt
- Height (English): 0.08 in
- Height (Metric): 2 mm
- IP Rating: IP20
- Input Current: 3000 mA
- Input Voltage: 12 DC
- LED Density: 96 LEDs/meter
- LED Node Size: 3014
- LED Spacing (English): 0.41 in
- LED Spacing (Metric): 10.4 mm
- Length (English): 16.4 ft
- Length (Metric): 5 m
- Light Color: Black Light UV
- Manufacturer: EnvironmentalLights
- Min. Cutting Increment (English): 1.23 in
- Min. Cutting Increment (Metric): 31.3 mm
- Power (Watts): 36
- Power (Watts/ft): 2.30
- Power (Watts/m): 7.20
- Rating: UL, RoHS
- Strip Width: 8 mm
- Warranty: 5 years limited
- Wavelength: 400
- Width (English): 0.31 in
- Width (Metric): 8 mm
Ultraviolet (UV) light is electromagnetic radiation whose wavelength is shorter than that of visible light, but longer than that of X-rays and gamma rays. The name means "beyond violet" (from the Latin ultra, "beyond"), violet being the color of shortest wavelengths of visible light. Ultraviolet light ranges from 400nm to 10nm, but is named "ultraviolet" because the spectrum is comprised of electromagnetic waves with frequencies that are higher than what the human eye can detect as the color violet.
Ultraviolet A (UVA) light can be used for: Flourescence photography;
Reptile habitat lighting;
Decorative black light applications;
Amusement part rides;
Detection of counterfeit money;
Curing plastic resins;
Therapeutic and diagnostic medicinal uses;
LED Strip Light Manual
uv400rfEV3014-96-reel Test Report
Non-Visible Light Safety Guide
UV Light Hazard Information
EnvironmentalLights LED Strip and Module UL Certificate-IFDR
EnvironmentalLights LED Strip and Module UL Certificate-QOVZ
LED Strip to LED Channel Compatibility Chart