Blackmagic Smart Videohub 40x40
The Smart Videohub family of professional SDI video routers are the world’s first Ultra HD mixed format routers to include built in large 5 inch high resolution video monitoring and spin knob router control. The Smart Videohub 40 x 40 includes 6G-SDI technology so customers can simultaneously connect and route any combination of SD, HD and Ultra HD video all on the same router at the same time. Even if a customer has 40 different television formats connected to the router inputs, Smart Videohub 40 x 40 would route any of them to any combination of the outputs, all simultaneously.
Smart Videohub 40 x 40 also includes an elegant machined metal front panel with full router control as well as built in LCD monitoring. Using the front panel, customers can perform direct entry of router cross points using buttons, or they can use the spin knob control.
Blackmagic Design’s unique, revolutionary Visual Routing combines the spin knob and button entry with easy to read custom router labels over live video from the inputs onto the LCD. When any input or output is selected, the video is displayed live on the LCD. This allows customers to see their router connections as video on the LCD as they scroll the knob to select routing. This unique feature means customers can route video simply by looking at it!
Smart Videohub 40 x 40 features advanced 6G-SDI connections that allow high resolution Ultra HD video using a single SDI connection, while retaining full compatibility with all SD and HD-SDI equipment. This means customers get industrial strength, stable and reliable SDI video connections with the flexibility to work in any television format they like. Even if customers are not running in Ultra HD now, they can still take advantage of the innovative design and lower cost of Smart Videohub 40 x 40 while working in regular SD or HD today, knowing that they are ready for Ultra HD the moment they need it!
Blackmagic Smart Videohub 40 x 40 includes full front panel controls, dual built in power supplies for redundant power and increased reliability, external ethernet control, RS422, and support for tri-sync and black burst reference. The router can also be controlled remotely via Ethernet using Blackmagic Design router control software for Mac OS X and Windows, or with the Blackmagic Smart Control and Master Control hardware router control panels.
“Our family of Smart Videohub 12 x12 and 20 x 20 models of routers have been incredibly popular in post houses and smaller broadcast facilities,” said Grant Petty, CEO, Blackmagic Design. “The new Smart Videohub 40 x 40 brings all of the great features of the incredible Videohub family, plus adds redundant power and a much larger bright high resolution screen is possible because of its larger 2 rack unit design! That means, features such as visual routing and labels are so much larger and clearer, and you can see where your routing is from clear across the room!”
Smart Videohub 40 x 40 Key Features
- Features 40 multi rate 6G-SDI inputs and 40 multi rate 6G-SDI outputs that support auto switching of SD, HD and Ultra HD formats.
- Built in control panel with dedicated source buttons allows direct entry with spin knob control.
- Built in LCD monitor allows large labels or for display of live video for visual routing.
- Built in crosspoint buttons on front panel allows direct selection of crosspoint.
- Take and clear buttons allow conformation of selected crosspoint before going live.
- Includes Ethernet port for external router control plus RS422 port for controlling router via serial link.
- Built in menus available from the front panel LCD for selecting Ethernet IP settings for remote control.
- Supports Blackmagic Design router control software for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Supports Blackmagic Smart Control and Master Control hardware router control panels.
- Dual built in power supply’s for redundant power operates from 110V to 240V.
- Compact 2 rack unit design, ideal for large systems as well as OB van use.